Monday, October 16, 2006

Sick and grouchy

I had a very nice post all typed up and was just about to add a photo to it and then my computer crashed. Since I am sick with a cold and already grouchy, I decided to skip trying to make it the same as before. I'll just start by saying that my mom took away a big bag of linens that I don't need, I'm getting rid of almost all my cloth diapers on the MDC trading post (only keeping the stuff my son actually wears all the time and the 4 soakers I have handknit), but I am not done clearing out the craft dresser. I still need to clear out the top drawer which is full of photos that need to be organized. I have not purchased anything since starting the Compact last week. Its only been a few days but I have managed to avoid shopping even while on an outing with my MIL and avoided the temptation to buy new curtains that don't clash with the cherry red slipcover we just put on our sofa yesterday. The red slipcover is new and was purchased before I started the Compact project. I only purchased it because our old slipcover was badly stained, and literally falling apart. Its funny how after putting it on the sofa, I started thinking about needing new throw pillows and new curtains. Of course I will not be buying any new ones, as I am very committed to this project. I am thinking of looking around for some used ones, or possibly some fabric that someone else doesn't need to make my own. I thought about dyeing the current curtains since they are cotton, but I don't think that would work since I have a front loading washing machine.

I am considering trading some of my current Peace Fleece yarn stash for something a little softer. I want to knit my kids hats and pants but I find myself getting annoyed with the PF's texture. A friend of mine just loves the stuff, but I am not crazy about it even though it does wash up softer. Maybe I can find someone to trade me for some Malbrigo or some other super soft worsted weight merino. I have found myself avoiding my knitting projects because I don't like the feel of the PF. Seems silly to have all that yarn and not use it!

2 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Gavi said...

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I've been battling some kind of bug that past few days as well.

You're making great progress and yep, if the peace fleece doesn't bring you enjoyment, then definitely get rid of it! :)

Hope you feel better quickly!

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, I found your blog through Gavrielah's. Have you heard of the Diderot effect? It's exactly what you talked about with the slipcover and the throw pillows. Here's a link from the Simple Living Network for an article about it if you're interested....http://www.simpleliving.net/main/custom.asp?recid=1#04.
Feel better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home