Friday, October 13, 2006

Hypocrite

After I posted yesterday about looking for family cloth wipes, I realized how hypocritical I was being. Duh, I can definitely make do with just using materials we already have or I could definitely find used cloth baby wipes on the MDC Trading post. I guess I just got a little squeamish about the idea of trying to find used cloth wipes that had been used by adults. Baby poop is one thing...but well you get the idea!

Anyway, I have made small progress in my decluttering. I got out all my old scrubs (former pediatric nurse), washed and dried them since they were wrinkled from sitting in a drawer for 2 years and posted an ad on MDC. I had someone respond and said she will probably buy them from me as she is starting nursing school clinicals next week and really needs them. YAY! I'm getting rid of stuff! The next thing I did yesterday was slightly harder than letting go of something I can admit easily I don't need. I responded to someone's ISO ad for a diapering pattern that I have, and told her that if I can find it she can buy it and also offered a bunch of my diapering fabrics. It was like ripping off a bandaid, it only hurt for a second (okay like 20 minutes) and I'm glad that its done. It feels slightly like I've admitted failure to my diaper sewing aspirations. I know that I would much rather trade some of the cloth diapers I already have for someone else's used ones, than try to spend my time sewing them. I have other more important things to do...like knit...or play with my kidlets :-) I have finite amount of time and I'm still learning I can't do it all.

Oh and someone saw an MDC post of mine regarding getting rid of most of my diaper stash, and sent me a message saying she is looking into starting cloth diapers for her baby that will be here very soon. She sounds like exactly who needs to get some of my stuff that would not sell well otherwise, but is still very nice, useable and will be inexpensive for her. It feels absolutely amazing and liberating to put out to the universe that I don't need these things and then have people who do really need them just seem to magically appear. This is what it is about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home